Spring Semester 2017 - Classes to ZORA and Open Access
For the spring semester, two introductory classes on ZORA and Open Access will take place for the first time. Up to now, the introductory classes were held only in the autumn semester, but we would like to respond to the increasing demand for classes. The class is aimed at persons who submit publications to ZORA or those who want to learn more about Open Access.
During the course you will learn ...
- about the publication cycle,
- what publishing costs can occur (traditional publishing system vs. Open Access)
- what Open Access (gold vs. green road) means
- why Open Access is so important,
- why full texts must be stored in ZORA,
- what document version is allowed to be archived,
- what legal aspects you may face.
In addition, the workflow to submit publications to the new ZORA interface will be demonstrated. You are welcome to bring publications of your institution/your department and submit them to ZORA during the workshop. We will help you in case of questions.